Thursday, February 14, 2008

Been pretty busy

I promised to come back and tell more on my move. Sorry, been very busy with the new job and surroundings.

Unfortunately, this will be pretty short, as well, but I wanted to touch-base.

The move to Scottsdale, was one out of need, more than desire. I don't want to get into the specifics of "the need", but suffice it for me to say that "it had to be done" and for more than one reason. The one obvious reason, was to get away from my recent history with someone, whom is no longer, a part of my life. The other reasons... well, they aren't for public consumption, just yet.

My new job is working out, very well. I am working for a Major financial institution, as a Senior Engineer (in Unix applications). I like the team, the environment, the work. I am still trying to get used to coming into the office, every-single weekday, from 8am to 5pm. Heh. I really had it good, at my last job, with my hours!

The weather here has been mild, thus far. I am told, unseasonably mild. Still waiting for the terrible heat that everyone feels a need to warn me about, here. Heh. Bring it. Cold is teh suck. Heat, I can handle.

I've met a wonderful woman. We'll see where it goes. More on that, later.

That's all for now. I said it was going to be brief :-)

No comments: