Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Veritas VEA 4.x on OSX

Update: 07.28.08
Note: This is only for version 4.x of VEA. 5.x is not currently working, with this method.
------
w00t!

I finally got around to working on this again. Sorry for those who've been asking for it.

turns out, it's quite simple, lol!

Here's how you can get the VEA GUI working in OSX:

Generally, I hate Java, but this does rock.

- Copy /opt/VRTSob from a UNIX host, put it in /opt on your Mac and replace /opt/VRTSob/jre/bin/java with a symbolic link to /usr/bin/java on your Mac.

- Run: /opt/VRTSob/bin/vea.

That's all there is to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On 10.5.4, it just hangs when loading VEA, the progress bar increments to around 75% and then it stops there.

Olivia said...

If it hangs, check to see that you have the latest java version. I've run it this way on 5 different machines, various versions of OSX 10.4.x and has worked flawlessly, thus far.

Anonymous said...

The java revs match up.

I'm trying this on Leopard.

Not sure if that is what is hanging this up

Olivia said...

I can't say what' hanging yours up, without looking further into your environment.

Email me, directly. It may be easier to troubleshoot, that way. My email is my first and last name, all together (no spaces) at gmail.

-Wrex

Olivia said...

We figured it out. 5.x of VEA operates a little differently, so note that this is for version 4.x of VEA only. I'll see if I can get my hands on 5.x and try to get it working sometime.

-Wrex