Everyone always hails Nvidia as being so great. I've always had issue with their chipsets and it seems today is no different.
Went to install Ubuntu (Yeah, I know) on my Qosmio 505 and I get scrambled video on the Live CD of 10.10.
nomodeset did the trick.
This also happened with the OpenSuSE 11.3 live CD and CentOS 5.5 Live CD. Meh. Fedora was no issue. Go figure that.
In case you need it, here's what you should do:
1. boot computer with livecd
2. when you see it get to the actual booting hit f6
3. select language
4. hit f6 again
5. select nomodeset
6. hit esc
7. install Ubuntu as usual and reboot
8. when you get to the grub boot menu make sure to hit e so you can edit the kernel commands
9. add nomodeset to the kernel args again
10. cntrl X to boot
11. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
13. Repeat 8-10 again
14. start the restricted drivers program
15. install the restricted driver for the 360m